TOP LOCAL HEADLINES

Power Restored to Nearly 18,000 Cleco Customers

The following has been released to Q93 from Cleco:

 

 

PINEVILLE, La. – Feb. 18, 2021 (3 p.m.) – Cleco has restored power to nearly 18,000 customers since the second winter storm moved across the company’s service territory yesterday.  As of 3 p.m., roughly 25,000customers are without power.  At the height of the storm, approximately 43,000 customers were without power.  

Restoration Assessment
Below are estimated times for restoration (ETR).  More ETRs will be communicated as they become available.  Please note that unexpected damage or inclement weather could impact restoration efforts and timelines.  
 

Rapides Parish

• Pineville 

o Crews are working to restore power on Mary Hill Road off Hwy. 165, Jefferson Hwy. and parts of Shreveport Hwy.  Restoration in these areas will be complete this afternoon.  From there, crews will move to the community behind Pineville Jr. High off of Edgewood Drive (Iris Park, Comanche Drive andHiawatha Trail).  From there, crews will move to the Donahue Ferry area. 

o Restoration efforts in Pineville will continue throughout the day and into tomorrow, Friday, Feb. 19 until all customers’ power is restored.  There are some customers who could be without power until Sunday, Feb. 21, but those will be small, scattered, outages.  

o Icy road conditions are making travel challenging for crews in central Louisiana.  Additionally, the damage is scattered and not concentrated in one area, so crews are having to travel a lot in between restoration efforts.  There are a lot of trees on power lines to clear and burnt wire to replace. 

• Woodworth

o Power will be restored to customers inside the city limits today.  This includes the Coulee Crossing subdivision.  There will be a small number of customers without power overnight.

• Glenmora & Forest Hill – Crews are working in these towns, but some customers will be without powerovernight.

 

Acadia Parish

• Power restored to all customers who can receive power. Customers without power should report an outage.

Allen Parish

• Kinder, Oberlin – Power restored to all customers who can receive power.  Customers without power should report an outage.

• Oakdale – Power restored to 60 percent of customers; remaining 40 percent will be without power overnight.

 

Avoyelles Parish

• Bunkie – Power restored to some customers.  There will be some customers without power overnight.  

• Marksville, Hessmer, Simmesport, Bordelonville, Moreauville – Damage assessment is still underway.

Evangeline Parish

• Ville Platte, Eunice, Mamou and Pine Prairie – Power restored to all customers.  Customers without power in these towns should report an outage.

• Chicot State Park will be out overnight.  There is significant tree damage in this area.

 

St. Landry Parish

• Power restored to all customers who can receive power.  Customers without power in Acadia Parish should report an outage.

 

Beauregard Parish

• Power will be restored to the majority of customers by tonight.


Calcasieu Parish

• Power restored to all customers who can receive powerit.  Customers without power should report an outage.

 

DeSoto Parish

• Power will be restored to the majority of customers by tonight.

 

Natchitoches Parish

• Power will be restored to the majority of customers by tonight.

• Port of Natchitoches – Power has been restored.

Red River Parish

• Coushatta – Power will be restored to the majority of customers by tonight.

 

Sabine Parish

• Many, Zwolle & Converse – Power will be restored to customers inside the city limits by tonight.

Vernon Parish

• Power will be restored to all customers by tonight.

Power Outages as of 3 p.m.

Allen Parish

452

Avoyelles Parish

6,551

Beauregard Parish

33

Catahoula Parish

24

DeSoto Parish

335

Evangeline Parish

1,299

Grant Parish

1,788

LaSalle Parish

11

Natchitoches Parish

382

Rapides Parish

11,051

Red River Parish

98

Sabine Parish

2,925

St. Mary Parish

11

St. Tammany Parish

15

Vernon Parish

34


How to report a power outage:
Online through MyAccount at cleco.com, Contact Us form on cleco.com or call 1-800-622-6537.

On Air Now

KAYLA THOMAS
KAYLA THOMAS
7:00pm - 12:00am
POPCRUSH NIGHTS

Member of the LAB

Now Playing

Morning Q Crew - Josh & Miranda Podcast

LIKE us on FACEBOOK

A Cenla Broadcasting Station