The following has been released to Q93 from Cleco:
PINEVILLE, La. – Sept. 5, 2020 – As of noon today, Cleco had restored power to 88 percent of the customers impacted by Hurricane Laura.
“Crews are working together and have made a lot of progress, and in some areas they are restoring power faster than originally projected,” said James Lass. “Part of our success depends on how our crews communicate and that includes crews marking or ‘tagging’ utility lines and poles to give other crews essential information that iscritical to not only the restoration process, but also keeps our crews safe.”
Cleco asks customers not to remove or tamper with tags on poles, wire or other Cleco equipment because this not only interrupts power restoration efforts, it poses a serious risk to our crews.
Below are restoration estimates. Please note that unexpected damage or inclement weather could impact restoration efforts and timelines. For previous updatesand restoration information, visit the company’s Facebook @ClecoPower and Cleco’s website at cleco.com.
• In the Zwolle/Many/Toldeo Bend corridor, all customers who can accept power have it with the exception of an area around Pirate’s Cove (Toledo Bend). Crews are working on those remaining outages and expect to have these customers restored by end of day today, Saturday, Sept. 5.
• Crews are making progress in the Lee Hill subdivision. Right-of-way crews began working there on Thursday, Sept. 3 to clear debris and began making repairs yesterday, Friday Sept. 4. Approximately 15 additional line crews have been added to the area and are working there today. Expected that customers will have power by Monday, Sept. 7.
• Lions Camp Club community – Crews continue working in this area, and customers should have power restored by today, Saturday, Sept. 5.
• Within Leesville city limits - With the exception of the Lee Hill subdivision, most customers’ power restored. Crews continue to work on isolated outages.
• Deridder – While restoration efforts are going well in this area, crews anticipate restoration will be a multi-week event. Crews are working, additional crews were added today, Saturday, Sept. 5 and even more crews are expected tomorrow, Sunday, Sept. 6.
• Merryville – Crews are working in this area, and will remain until all repairs are made in Merryville community. This will be a multi-week restoration event.
Calcasieu Parish (Dequincy)
• Crews expect to restore power to the hospital in Dequincy today, Saturday, Sept. 5. Repairs to the system and restoration of power efforts continue. As one of the hardest hit parishes, this will be a rebuilding effort, as well as a restoration effort.
• Forest Hill – 90% of restoration complete. Estimated restoration for remaining 10 percent of customers wasprojected for Tuesday, Sept. 8. However, crews are making tremendous progress and believe all customers will be restored by Monday, Sept. 7.
• Glenmora – 90% of restoration is complete and expect remaining customers to be restored by Monday, Sept. 7
• Gardner – Extensive damage from St. Claire Road to the Wilda community, Hwy. 1200 and the Cotile Lake areas. Additional crews are being added to this area and expect this to be a multi-day restoration effort.
• Boyce – Crews expect to restore power to 10 percent of customers today, Saturday, Sept. 5. Crews plan to make progress daily and expect full restoration by Saturday, Sept. 12.
• Sieper – Crews are working and expect complete restoration in 2-3 days.
• Hineston – Crews are working to restore power to Oak Hill School today, Saturday, Sept. 5. Work on remaining outages will continue and expect a multi-day restoration event.
• Elmer/Melder – Hwy. 121, R Goldman Road areas should have power by Friday, Sept. 11
• Union Hill/Plainview/Calcasieu area (not the parish) – While crews and specialized equipment have been deployed to this area, it is expected this will be a multi-day restoration event.
• Oakdale – Estimated power restoration was projected for Monday, Sept. 7. However, crews are making great progress and expect all customers’ power to be restored by end of day tomorrow, Sunday, Sept. 6.
• Oberlin – All customers who can receive power have power.
• Town of Elizabeth – Tree trimmers and crews continue to make progress and expect power restoration by today, Saturday, Sept. 5.
• Kinder –All customers in city limits and the casino have power, so crews continue working on remaining customers in outlying areas and expect power to be restored to these customers by Wednesday, Sept. 9.
For additional information on Cleco’s storm restoration efforts, follow the company on Facebook @ClecoPower or visit Cleco’s Storm Center page at cleco.com/storm-center.